Monday, January 3, 2011

White Rice and Ketchup Soup



Gretchen and her food bowl are inseparable.  The last couple weeks have been crazy.  I have put in my two weeks notice here at the kennel for a variety of reasons.  What it came down to was running dogs has always been the icing on the cake, and I can't run these dogs, with our Christmas rush their attitude toward running become more of "work" rather then "play" and I can't "drive" sled dogs ( sled dogs always drive you)  that don't have there hearts into the run, if they are hiding in the house when I come around with a harness or are lack luster during the run and after the run, guess what they don't want to run and I am not the person to run them.

So now, I am biding my time trying to keep what heart I have left in it for the dogs and to extract myself as painlessly as possible for the dog's sake.  What is around the corner, I honestly don't know.  I finally got a good fortune cookie, though, so things are looking up.  It was quite fitting for this endeavor I find myself in:  People will not be envious of the life you lead, but they will be proud of you.  Whether I care what people think or not,  it is valid in this situation, who will envy a job less person at this point?  But there is still the category of pride for holding true to personal values.

So a new adventure awaits, perhaps the simple adventure of white rice & ketchup soup for awhile.............

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. Always. You always have a place to stop along the way. I have your backpack....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Quel things only seem to get rougher before they get better.

    ReplyDelete