Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Watching a Train Wreck

Wish I could be as composed as Jack when watching a train wreck about to happen and not wanting to be part of it.  To make a long story short, things got bad here at Smuggler's very quickly and took a turn for the worse on Monday then continued to plummet.  The lack of communication as well as blatant disregard for my need to make arrangements to get out of here played into all of this.  What it came down to was the fact that I didn't want to see either a dog get hurt or a guest get hurt and needed to take care of myself at this point rather then trying to be polite to the company.  I screwed myself over staying that extra night to get Scooter, skittish dog that typically comes up to me, that had gotten off and was hanging around the kennel causing pandemonium as any loose dog will.  Made plans with the owners on what the plan of action was for that week, then heard through the grape vine that they had changed there minds again and no one had seen it fit to let me know.  Meanwhile, I am now trying to plan my flight/bus out from Gorham, NH instead of Burlington, VT when they have decided to stay here so it will be Burlington.  At this point I had enough.  No matter how calm and rational a person is they can only deal with someone jerking them around so much.  So essentially called the boss, left him a message told him where I was at mentally and that I was done, told him to call me back if he wanted to.  Essentially, nothing  came of either of these things.  He called back was angry essentially felt like I was the one jerking him around, too bad we can't see things from other people's point of view...it would be a glorious thing in this case.  In the end at least we agree about something, if you want to leave, leave which was perfect because that was what I had being trying to say the whole time.  Needless, to say it was a long night in which thankfully some security guards took pity on me so I could secure plans to get of here today.  So I should at least be starting my venture home at this point.  Home...well I guess it is the next place I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment