Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bootlegger's Basin

Will be spending this winter running dog sled tours at Smuggler's Notch, VT.  We will be setting up a temporary dog yard at Bootlegger's Basin and will live out of canvas wall tents this winter.  Should be interesting once we get into the groove of things.  NH dog sledding is different then West Coast dog sledding, I will shed some light on that in the future as this is all currently an assumption from stories I have heard.

I am hoping for a mellow season, not too much excitement as the last 5 months of hiking have held enough snow and adventure for a least a year at a minimum.  We are creating a day trail next to our new home in the woods, which is sure too offer excitement for all our wonderful guests, hopefully not overwhelming excitement, where you have to convince yourself your anxiety is truly excitement.  Very handy trick if you ever need to use it.

A lot of the dogs here are rescues, so as well as Alaskan Huskies they have some Malamutes I get to work with too.  They are hard-headed I will say that.

A new adventure and I've never been this far east so I will share what I find out about this world with you all.

Good Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment